COVID-19 Update 3/17/2020, 4pm
As this fluid situation continues to evolve, your health and well-being are most important to us. We are committed to keeping you updated on how we are handling the Showhouse event and Covid-19. At this time, we have made the decision to temporary close the Showhouse Doors in adherence to safety guidelines by our government officials and will reevaluate on March 30th.
In the meantime, we are working on a proposal on how to best meet everyone’s needs. Here are several of the many ways we’re here to support you:
- What’s Next? – We are working on a plan to put the Showhouses online. A strategy that will benefit our charities, builders, media sponsors, industry partners, interior designers, all those who have purchased tickets and the public. This plan will include views of Showhouse rooms views, a moderator discussing the rooms, and share designer and vendor information.
- Timely Updates – We will keep you abreast of any potential changes in our operations. The Showhouse special events are postponed and will be rescheduled.
- The Designer Panel is moving to a summer (TBD) date to coincide with the drop of the magazine highlighting the showhouses. Attendees have been informed and are very supportive.
- Other changes are in early planning and will be shared as details are determined. We are focusing on bringing visibility to all our designers, builders and sponsors.
- Social Media – Please continue to follow us on Social Media; Instagram: @interiordesignsocietyclt, Twitter: @idscharlotte, Facebook: Interior Design Society and Showhouse website: Idscltshowhouse.com for timely updates. Check Information and Events pages for updates.
- Answering your Questions – Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com and 203.915.8338 – or – Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org and 954-304-1712.
We would like to thank all of you for your patience and support as we navigate through these un-chartered waters. We are working around to clock on the best solutions to meet our challenges.
Audrey & Starr
COVID-19 Update 3/15/2020:
After having the showhouses open for a full weekend we are finding that it is the perfect “event” for these times. We are averaging 10-15 visitors an hour which allows vast space between guests. Almost feels like a private tour. Please make decisions about attendance based on your particular circumstances and STAY HOME if you are the least bit sick, sniffily, have a headache or cough.
We do take the health of our volunteers, supporters and attendees very seriously. We are taking extra precautions to clean and sanitize the homes to prepare for a safe event. We encourage you to be mindful as well and remember the following good habits:
- Practice good hand washing (soap and water for at least 20 seconds)
- Utilize hand sanitizer when a sink is unavailable
- Keep a safe distance from others
- Refrain from greeting others with handshakes and hugs. Instead, offer waves and smiles.
- Please remain home if you or a family member feels ill
For more information about how to protect yourself and others from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses, please visit the CDC website for prevention tips.
Thank you for your commitment to IDS Charlotte Charity Showhouses and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow,
Audrey Clawson, Showhouse Chair and Starr Miller, Showhouse Co-chair
IDS Charlotte Charity Showhouses
Please go to event page for event specific information.
19617 Shearer Rd, Davidson, North Carolina 28036
No stilettos allowed in homes.
Wear comfortable shoes, there are uneven surfaces between homes.
When parking in the subdivision, please only park on one side of the road.
Golf carts will be circling during event hours to collect guests.
Partner Hotel – Special Rates
Homewood Suites in Davidson
Contact: Tony Brown 704-987-1818 x 4903